Australia might not win any awards for its popstars, I have to suppose because there were few who took to last week's Australian installment in the Popstar Battle of the Babes quarterfinals. It was an easy win for Kylie Minogue who will move on to the semifinals and battle against Nelly Furtado and Joss Stone. Which means we're finally around the bend to the land of the popstars: America! F*ck yeah!

Katy Perry
"I kissed a girl and I liked it..." did more than piss Jill Sobule off. It turned little Katherine "Katy" Hudson into a megastar. Sure, she was cuter and a bit more alternative when "One of the Boys" was released (anyone besides me recall her on the Vans Warped Tour?) but since then she's gone on to get nearly naked, spin on the Mayer like all the hottest women who get a turn at the Douche, and get married and divorced from Russell Brand. Oh, and voice Smurfette, one of the most iconic female cartoon characters. I wonder what Sobule is bitching about now?
Rihanna
She ran out of f*cks to give when MTV tweeted about her getting caught smoking dope and Rihanna just can't resist a good Kadooment Day Parade and all the alcoholic indulgences, but she's also one of the top selling pop artists in the USA today (YES, I understand that I'm breaking the rule by including her on this list since Rihanna is originally from Barbados, I'm not that geographically retarded) and like Chris Brown's temper, doesn't appear to be going away or apologizing any time soon.
Alecia "P!nk" Moore
I'm a bit biased when it comes to Alecia "P!nk" Moore because she's from Pennsylvania (go Flyers!) and grew up with my buddy Boomer (which just makes me jealous) but have any of you gone to see THANKS FOR SHARING? I just caught that this week and Alecia has definitely got more acting chops than most of the other actresses who attempt to take to the big screen do. Plus, if you Google "P!nk Topless," you'll see that she's actually posed nude - and tattooed and pierced - which beats wondering what the nipples look like on the other two popstars in this battle.
Pick a popstar time! Is it Katy, Rihanna or P!nk for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top